3/16/09

Best of the Bull


Best of the Bull
Originally uploaded by covili
I've gone to Cowboy Grub a handful of times over the past twenty years. It is a good country place with lots of meat and potato type dishes. As you go through the menu one item certainly draws your attention - Best of the Bull.

Now I don't really want to explain this appetizer, but I was dying to try it. Today was the day. We went to the Grub for lunch and the rest is history.

I can safely say that it was fun to try, but I won't become a regular consumer of prairie oysters. A little chewy, pretty bland, and a decent after taste. Still, now I can say I've had the best of the bull....

5 comments:

mbjorgensen said...

As another one of the partakers of the Best of the Bull, I have to say that it was an experience I am grateful is now over. The weirdness factor was certainly up there, but they actually taste better than ocean oysters. Thanks to Jared for getting the video uploaded.

Rie Pie said...

That is not ok...I'm just saying. I was just talking about this to one of my friends the other day. He didn't believe me that people really eat that. Now I have proof.
I'll have the proof, but never the experiance. lol.

Liz said...

That's just plain nasty!

jfasioe said...

looks like Mitchell double dipped in the dipping sauce--that might be grosser than eating testicles.

mbjorgensen said...

Mr. Fawson,

I am not sure you have your priorities quite in the same place I do if you think my double dipping was grosser than the bull testicles, but I do apologize to all of you for grossing anyone out with my double dipping.