The Utes went from a team that lost it's first preseason game to a Div II school I can't even remember to to the co-champs of the Mountain West. I can hardly believe it. Sure, we had a rough end to the regular season, but the Utes performed beyond my wildest expectations. We went from a team with no real identity, to an NCAA tournament lock. I never would have guessed this team could finish with 20 wins and a chance to play in the tourney. Awesome!
The Jazz were a team with huge preseason buzz. Due to injuries and inconsistent play it took until the All Star break to get it together, but they have certainly got it together right now. An eleven game win streak! Wins over LA, Boston, New Orleans, Houston, and Denver. Heck, we've even won a few roads games in the past month. Still, there needs to be some tempered optimism. The Jazz finish with five more road than home games and the West is really close. We could go from division leader to eight seed with a two game losing streak. Who knows what the next month will bring, but hopefully the Utes can find their way to the second week of the NCAA's and the Jazz can play til June. I can dream, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment