On Sunday Tara, Evan, Coleton, and I attended the Draper Temple dedication. I was pretty excited as this was the first time I'd ever gone to a temple dedication. Sure, there have been other chances, but I'd never actually gone before. Everything was just as I had expected it. Great messages, good music. It was an uplifting experience.
As we neared the conclusion I could tell Coleton was getting pretty tired. I can't really blame him. After spending 3 hours in church earlier in the day another 2 hours for the dedication was asking a lot.
Throughout his remarks President Monson mentioned how he hoped the children in attendance would remember this day for the rest of their lives. Little did I realize how Coleton would make this a day I'd never forget. At the end of the meeting President Monson offered the dedicatory prayer. Things were going along at then it happened.
Coleton tooted. And it was LOUD!
With a silent room, the echo seemed to go on forever. I quickly realized what had happened and needed to bite my lip to compose myself. The prayer went on for a few moments longer and I managed to get a grip on the giggles. When the "Amen" finally came I turned and asked Tara if she had heard the interruption.
"Yes, did someone move a chair or something?"
I responded that Coleton had indeed moved his chair, but not in the way she imagined. She laughed and then the meeting continued. When the dedication was over I asked Coleton what had happened?
"I was thinking about chili and then I couldn't hold it in any longer."
The spirit moves people in many different ways.
3 comments:
I'm laughing out loud right now. That is hilarious. I love giggle moments like that.
I can't see through the tears- I am laughing so HARD!!! LOVING THIS!!!
RIGHTEOUS GOOD TIMES... HA HA HA HA HA!!!
Post a Comment