I know that going to the movies isn't that big of a deal to most of you. Truthfully, much of our time at home is spent with the kids watching some kind of video. Yesterday was a big deal though. This was the first time we took Alex to the theater to watch a movie. His attention span is so short that we really didn't want to chase him around the theater while interrupting everyone else.About a month ago things started to change. Alex would actually sit and watch a movie. He followed what was going on and enjoyed the action. We decided that the 2:20 showing of Monsters vs. Aliens would be his debut on the movie going scene. He was really excited as we talked about the difference between watching a video and going to the movies.
Well, we packed up the car and headed to Hurricane (we're down at my parents this weekend) to see the movie. He loved it. He loved the volume of the speakers, the size of the screen, and the big bucket of popcorn! We had a great time and he was perfect. No getting up to move around. No whining for more treats. He sat there and soaked the experience in. I only wish church could be this easy!
7 comments:
That's awesome. No way is Easton ready for a movie. It's so fun when you can actually start doing things like that with the kids rather than just chasing them around. Way to go Alex!
well, maybe if church was broadcast in surround sound, 3-d, had some catchy music, and a big tub of popcorn, it would improve ALL of our attention spans!
Great job Alex!! We also loved the movie!!!
That is awesome for Alex! What did you guys think of that movie anyway? I was thinking about taking my kids to it.
How fun. I love going to the movie, but rarely get to. And in Hurricane? It can't get much better than that.
Can we get a movie review...
ALEX... YOU ROCK!!! OUR FAMILY WILL TAKE YOU TO THE MOVIES ANY TIME LITTLE DUDE!
I'm with "Miche's comment" but, I could just go for the buttery popcorn alone (that's all I go to the movies for anyway) Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment