I mentioned how Chirstmas morning brought a new Wii into Alicia's house - what a cool guy that Santa is! After playing with the kids for the better part of two days on the new toy, I had a dilemma on my hands. Ian called to inform me that 10 new Wii machines were in stock at Toys R Us. I wasn't really sure what to do. The Wii isn't exactly cheap, but it is a good activity that we can do at home. What to do?I guess I should mention that Tara and I aren't really gamers. We would much rather play real sports than virtual sports (I can hear all of chuckling as the term Fantasy Sports frequents the blog), but we have had a great time playing with the Wii. It is the best of both worlds - you get the fun of a virtual environment, while forcing the characters to act from your own movements.
After debating the issue back and forth we decided that we would buy the Wii and I think it was a great choice. In the past couple of days we've spent some fun time together and had a total blast. I would say that the sports game is our favorite, but I think the top spot has been given to Guitar Hero III.
Even though we aren't any good at it, Guitar Hero is so much fun to play. You simply can't play one song and quit. Of course, since I was getting booed off the stage the first two or three songs I tried, I was forced to figure out the game so I didn't embarrass myself in front of others. I'm still working my way through the easy songs, but Tara has found herself a niche with the guitar in her hand.I hope we don't become gaming nerds, but for now we're loving the Wii. Anyone want to come over for a quick game of tennis?
No comments:
Post a Comment