
One nice thing about our ward is that so many people love our kids. Kennedy's best friend is her former nursery leader, Stephanie. As soon as Dede was done eating, off she went to find her buddy. Stephanie was very nice to spend time with her little friend, in fact, I didn't see Kennedy for most of the evening.

Since, I volunteered to be stage crew for the special program, Tara had Alex for the night. I felt bad that she didn't get much of a break, but she still managed to watch the headline act. Sometimes, I wonder though - if someone new to the ward met Tara for the first time, would they think she was a single mom?
Last year, I mentioned how Dick Engar travels around the neighbor to entertain people as the Snow King, a sort of bizarro Santa from the South Pole. He's been doing this for years and this was his chance to play the 4th Ward stage. Several of the girls in the Ward served as helpers, or trolls as he likes to call them and they put their spin on some familiar carols. It was a lot of fun, and the Snow King and trolls really entertained the crowd.

It was a fun party and I'm glad that so many of our neighbors were able to come and celebrate the birth of the Savior. I know that the ward party is always something I look forward to and I'm happy that we were able to attend (even if I did have to skip my family Christmas party!).
No comments:
Post a Comment