12/7/07

Deck the Halls

It's taken us an extra couple of weeks to get our Christmas decorations up this year. A week ago we headed down to Tara's parents to pick up our little tree and after a week of trial and error it's finally up. I thought we were in the home stretch a few days ago when we began putting on the lights. Important note - we all love the live tree, we all hate putting the lights on the tree. This year, I drew the short straw and started stringing lights. An hour later, and several pricks to my hands, I had to quit because we ran out of lights. Two days later Tara bought 2 new strands of lights and picked up the cause; however, it was short lived as she ran out of lights 30 minutes later. Another 4 sets of lights and two days later we finally finished the lights.

Of course, everyone wants to help put the ornaments on the tree. We spent a good portion of last evening watching the tree come to life as red balls, metal moose, and gold snowflakes adorned the various branches. Even Alex took a break from pulling ornaments down and eating them to place a few precious trinkets on the tree.

So, I guess the Christmas season has officially hit our home this year. I think we're all pretty happy about the result. Well, I guess not everyone's happy....

1 comment:

jfasioe said...

so is Kennedy posing? Smiling? Or is she just upset?