About a month I was informed that the College of Education didn't need my services for the Spring semester. There are a lot of factors, none of which involved my performance, which led the college to make the change. I have some mixed emotions about my extended spring break. It will be nice to be around the house more and spend extra time with the kids. Lately I've been gone 3 or 4 nights a week with teaching, scorekeeping, and bishopric-ing and I miss Kennedy and Alex a lot.Still, it's been fun to teach a group of students again. I've gotten used to teaching teachers, but the chance to work with students has been a welcome change of pace. I love that they are just getting started in education and that I have the opportunity to help them get off to a good beginning. There's so much to be excited about in teaching and I've found great satisfaction in opening students' eyes to the bigger world of technology and learning. Sure, we'll miss the money as well, but I'll miss the interaction with students much more than a few dollars.
Hopefully enrollments will increase so the college will need a second session of the technology class and I'll get another chance. Even so, it's been a great opportunity for me and I'm glad I had the experience, even if it was only for 4 semesters.
No comments:
Post a Comment