If you haven't seen the movie, Evan Almighty, I really think you should. No, it's didn't set any box office records or get any Oscar gold, but it makes you think about the question of how God answers our prayers.
How does God answers our prayers? Does He simply intervene and make things happen or does He place us in situations where we can impact the events as they transpire? When a prayer is offered to bring a family closer together how would God answer that request? As Morgan Freeman suggests - would God simply give you all warm fuzzy feelings, or would He provide you with opportunities to love one another. I love this thought.
When I found this video on YouTube, I knew it did a great job representing the way I feel about this topic. I loved when Nick Pollard discussed how we try to make our will match the will of the Lord. This sounds like pretty familiar doctrine, even if this clip has nothing to do with the LDS Church. Good stuff!
BTW - is there any better actor than Morgan Freeman to represent God in a movie. I love the way he portrays deity. Regardless of the doctrinal ramification, I like to think of God having the personality presented by Freeman in this film. It's great.
No comments:
Post a Comment