12/14/07

For Your Birthday

Kennedy,

As the day closes, I am so happy we had such fun celebrating your 3rd birthday. More than the events of the day, it was great just to spend time with you. It is so much fun to enjoy your laughter, your excitement, and your love.

This year, more than in the past, you've developed new character traits and parts of your personality are showing forth. You have such an overwhelming presence; when you enter the room everyone knows it. That can be a blessing and a curse, but you have the ability to make everyone recognize just how special you are.

I know that the next year will bring more changes, as you continue to "get bigger". School, Primary, friends, will all be big parts of your life this year. As sad as I am to watch you grow and start trying things on your own, I am excited to watch you blaze your own path. You will always be a leader and I know that you can help others go in the right direction.

I love you little girl. You brighten my days and make me smile. Whether it's your kisses when I leave for work, or my hugs when I get home, I know you're my special little friend. I hope you had a great birthday and I can't wait to spend the next year with my Silly Dede!

Daddy

No comments: