7/12/07

Guess who came for Dinner?

So, the big news for yesterday was that Tara finally arrived! Her flight was supposed to end around 6 pm or so, but due to a 3 hour delay leaving JFK airport she didn’t actually get to the hotel until after 9 pm. I knew she was in trouble when I received a broken up cell message from NY saying that she was already being delayed due to weather and that it would be another hour until her flight would be cleared to depart. Another reason to love NY!

Although she was tired and hungry, I forced Tara to head out of the hotel and into town to go to a restaurant for dinner. After eating take out the previous two nights I was ready to sit down and talk to someone. Chappo told me about an Italian restaurant called Maggiano’s (also on Annie’s list), so we walked through Boston and ended up at the heart of Little Italy. I think the main reason I picked Maggiano’s was the online menu said they had “generous portion sizes” and I knew that we both hadn’t eaten much yesterday. The server confirmed the large meals, but was shocked when she came back to the table and we had each cleared our plates! It was good food and a nice change of pace to dine in, instead of take out. We took in a bit of Boston on our walk back to the hotel and turned in for the night.

No comments: