7/24/07

Banned

With a statewide ban on fireworks in Utah this year, we decided to spark up our own fun and spent the day geocaching. I know it's been a while since you've read of our exploits with this minor obsession, but now is the time to share. Rather than staying close to home we headed North and into Davis County. I figured it was the best way to get some company on our hunt since both Jared and Ross live in Kaysville. Splitting the difference in our trip was the most gas conscious way to make everyone happy.

Caching was relatively easy today. It could be due the fact that I only entered in waypoints for simple caches that were all normal containers. When you have 7 kids with you it really helps if they can find some treasure to trade. It also helps when you schedule a few caches near a park so the kids can go play. I think this was the real highlight of the morning, either that or the Happy Meals at McDonald's for lunch. Oh well, I guess there have to be concessions when you're dragging the kids around to look for hidden boxes in the 98 degree heat!

No comments: