
I can't believe that the little guy is actually one year old. Alex is such a shrimp but he is growing so fast. We celebrated his first birthday with some swimming at Murray pool on Saturday and a small family party on Sunday. Alex was as charming as ever and seemed to have fun at his little party. After dinner, we had cake and ice cream. The best part of the night was letting Alex dig into a huge piece of cake. He was pretty tentative at first, but as soon as he got a taste of the frosting, he went for it. I was surprised at how much he actually ate. The little guy threw it down like a pro. His Nana made the cute baseball cake and it was delicious! After cake and ice cream, we opened presents with help from Kennedy and Liam. He got lots of clothes and toys and was spoiled by everyone. After a quick bath to remove the frosting and cake from his hair, he hit the sack. A fun birthday for a special little guy. 
With Alex turning one, I have been a little sappy, thinking about how much we love him and how he has changed our lives for the better. From the beginning, he has been a blessing. He is such a good kid, always happy (well, almost always), smiling at everyone and melting hearts with his big blue eyes and long eyelashes.
Some of the things that I love about Alex:
-the way he giggles when his sister does something silly
-his eyes
-the way he spits out his food when he is done eating
-his very fast crawl, especially when he knows I am trying to catch him
-his very healthy appetite (the kid never stops eating and he is a stick)
-the way his eyes light up when daddy gets home
-how he says "mamamamama" and every once in a while "mommy"
-the way he knocks everything over and makes sure that if isn't on the floor and he can reach it, it will be within seconds
-his great smile
-the way he chases a ball across the room and tackles it
-his bear growl
-the spitting contests he has with Kennedy in the car
-how he hangs on to my shirt when I hold him
-did I mention his eyes?
Anyway, I could go on and on. I love this little guy and am so thankful to be a mom to two great kids. Happy first birthday, Alex. I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment