7/21/07

On your Birthday

Alex,

I can't believe it's been almost a year since you burst upon the scene and entered our lives. As surprised as we were to bring you home, I can't imagine a day in our family without you. It's been amazing to see how you've grown and developed from a shaky start to a healthy childhood. We knew you were a fighter who wanted a chance and we're so happy to be part of your story.

When you first came into this world you were so peaceful and seemed to sleep for days at a time. Now, sleep is the furthest thing from your mind as you race around exploring the world around you. You have such a fun and adventurous spirit which brings a joy to our home. Your mom, big sister, and I thought we had a pretty good thing going, but it's so much better now that you're part of the mix.

As your dad, I'm looking forward to many great adventures with you over the years. I hope you'll like spending time with me as much as I do with you. You truly are my "Big Guy" and I love you very much. I hope your second year is as exciting as the first. Happy Birthday!

Daddy

2 comments:

miche said...

Happy Birthday Alex! We're so glad that you are part of the Covili family!
Love,
Michelle, David, Grace, and Harriet

Angee said...

Wow. A year old. You're quite the lucky little guy to have such great parents. Some day I'll tell you all sorts of true stories about your mom. :)