
For the past few years we've had many struggles combining Kennedy's hair. As her hair gets longer, the challenge has gone from difficult to near impossible. While Kennedy has never liked combing her hair, she now screams like she's near death. Half the time I'm worried that someone in the neighborhood is going to call DCFS.
We finally reached a boiling point the other night. Ten minutes into the screaming I finally asked Dede, "Are you ready for a haircut?" To my surprise she responded, "Uh, huh."
Now, in the past she's been resistant to having her haircut. Truthfully, she's only had one haircut her entire life, so she's still kind of scared about the whole thing. The fact that she agreed to the haircut is a big deal. I decided that we'd make it a big deal and take her to Cookie Cutters for her special new look.
I have to say, Kennedy did great! Amanda (the stylist) is someone Dede knows from Church so it put her mind at ease as she sat in the chair. It didn't hurt that Kennedy was able to watch a Barbie movie, and she really wanted to balloon and sucker when the haircut was over. By the time the day was done. Everyone was all smiles. Tara was happy she could comb through Kennedy's hair without a fight. Kennedy was pleased with her new look and all the new attention. I was happy that I had taken a girl to get a haircut and came home with two women still smiling.
2 comments:
Kennedy's hair looks great! We will have to try that cookie cutter's place, it looks really fun!
Tell Dede that I just love her new haircut!! She looks so old!!
Post a Comment