7/25/09

The Bubble


Every year my mom's side of the family has a reunion near the end of July. It has all of the typical elements of a family reunion: tons of kids laughing and playing, all kinds of food to choose from, a midnight dip in the pool, cousins further than the eye can see. Oh wait, you don't go swimming for your family reunions at midnight?

I don't know where it started but every year our family reunion takes place from 9 pm to 2 am at the Bountiful Bubble (it isn't even called this anymore, but I don't know it's real name). It's a good time for everyone as we go swimming until midnight and then it's racquetball or ice skating til 2 am (Can you believe people actually play sports that late at night?!).

Not being a late night person myself I never make to the bitter end, but the majority of the family certainly does. I like the party as it's the best chance I have to talk to some of my cousins. Everyone is pretty spread out across the state and I rarely see my cousins, let alone get in a good game of water basketball...

My highlight from this year's party had to my mom in the pool. One thing you need to know about my mom - her hair is a big deal. Not just in size, but also in management. My mom gets her hair done once a week, so she is very careful to ensure it maintains it's proper appearance.

I'm sure you can imagine what happened to Mom's hair in pool. You guessed it. Somehow she happened to get her hair wet. I'm not going to claim any knowledge of how it happened. Let's just say there was an accident and we'll leave it at that. It's a good thing though. Once she stopped worrying about her hair my mom cut loose and had a great time. She even hiked up the stairs and went down the water slide. Way to go Mom!

No comments: