7/5/09

Here's to Good Friends

I know the best part of this trip to DC has been the chance to share our time with so many of our good friends. From the minute I knew I was coming to Washington I wanted to spend some time with my good friend Jeff. He's lived in Virginia for the past 8 years and I normally only see him when he visits Utah. I told Chappo about my plan to hang out in Virginia for a few days after the conference and he immediately wanted in. So the three of us have been planning this little reunion for the past 18 months.


Time really doesn't affect the major relationships in my life. Even though I only get to see these guys once a year or so, we quickly fall into a normal routine and it's as if only a few minutes have passed since we last hung out. I know we didn't really do anything exciting to read about, but the time we've spent has been wonderful (even if it consisted of 5 parts Madden 09, 2 parts Red Sox baseball, 1 part DC sightseeing, and 7 parts eating).

Another little gem of the trip was getting to go to the Red Sox game with Darren and Angee. I know Tara was really excited to spend some time with her good friend out here and I'm glad we were able to watch 4.5 innings of baseball with them. Even the rain delay and early departure was more fun because we shared it with friends (not to mention the two hour return trip to DC).

My last little DC reunion came on Thursday night. Chappo and I had planned to have dinner with our good friend Priti Shah from Cottonwood High and everything worked out great. We met Priti and her husband Mike (he's a trooper for hanging out with a bunch of friends telling old stories) and spent the time catching up and finding out about the past 10 years. It was good fun and a real highlight for the trip.

I really made some wonderful friends in high school and it was great to spend so much time with everyone this weekend. And just imagine - I only had to travel 1800 miles to see people who used to live 5 minutes from my house.

No comments: