We spent Alex's birthday doing lots of playing. We started out at the park but didn't last too long in the heat.



This was later at home, but Dylan is so cute, I had to put it in!
After the park, we went to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. We invited the cousins to come along and they all seemed to enjoy the aquarium.

Alex had fun and was quite impressed with this little aquarium and the Nemo fish inside.

After the aquarium, we headed home for some take out food, presents and cake and ice cream. We debated for some time about what kind of cake to do for Alex's birthday, but for the past month, Alex has been saying that he wanted a lawnmower for his birthday. He wanted a "big lawnmower, like daddy's" to be specific. With all the lawnmower talk, we decided to do a lawnmower cake.

Alex loved the cake and was quite upset when he realized that we were actually going to eat it later. It was quite tasty, though and he was fine once he got his new lawnmower.

He got spoiled by everyone and thanks to all for the fun toys, clothes, etc., you gave him.

A few thoughts about my little man, Alex.
I love the way he cuddles with me in bed in the morning and he's so tiny, I hardly know he's there.
I love how he adores his sister and brother and would do anything for them.
I also love how he teases Kennedy until she is in tears (which isn't hard to do!)
I love how he has such a sly look on his face whenever he is doing something he knows he shouldn't.
I love how he say "toodles" for "tools."
I love how he would rather eat sweets any day, any time, instead of real food.
I love how he says "don't touch" any time he gets an "owie".
I love how he swings a bat and throws a ball. He's a natural.
I love how he never stops moving. He's on the go, all the time and loves to go anywhere in the car.
I love his sweet, loving personality.
I love you, Alex boy. Happy 3rd birthday!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Alex! Way cute cake... great job!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST TARA. ALEX IS A SUCH A SWEETIE PIE, AND I JUST LOVE HAVING HIM IN NURSERY WITH ME. I LOVE HIS "SLY LOOK" AS WELL. I THINK THAT'S WHAT HE'LL GET ALL THE GIRLS WITH... HE HAS ALREADY SWOONED ALLINA WITH IT!
I love that lawnmower cake!
OK, that cake is so great! Will you make me one for my next birthday? Either that or bake your own cupcakes for your birthday. You've done that before...
First off, I love that picture of Dylan - his cheeks are great! Second, that cake is incredible! Good job! And third, Happy Birthday Alex! :)
See you tomorrow night -
Post a Comment