Sunday we had a member of the Stake Presidency visit our ward. This isn't anything out of the ordinary. Over the years we've had lots of visits to our Sacrament Meetings. This was different however. President Hansen asked if he could take a minute to make an announcement to the ward.
"Brothers and Sisters, we want you to be sure you are in attendance next week during this meeting. After 5 years of service, next week we will be releasing the Bishopric and sustaining a new Bishop."
He paused for a moments then continued:
"I guess the speculation and rumors can officially begin."
How classic! I've known for a month or so that we were finally going to get released, but I love the way the rumor mill has been given an official blessing from the Stake Presidency.
Personally, I don't care who they call in the new Bishopric. After 5 years of being in the know on every move of the ward it's nice to observe this one from the sideline. I'm just happy that I'll finally be able to help Tara down in the war zone. Plus, I won't have to wear a suit during the summer anymore - YEA!!!
1 comment:
Unless they call you to be the new Bishop. :)
Post a Comment