1/27/08

U23D 4 US


I have seen U2 in concert twice and each time it's been an amazing experience. U2's show is one to be witnessed live, complete with hard rocking tunes and inspiring commentary. All of things may be true, but a live concert also has it's draw back - bad sound, annoying concert goers, and cost. This leads us to U23D, a look back at U2's Vertigo tour in Central and South America. What an experience! I thought that the 3D could be a big miss, but I was wrong. I felt like I was actually at the concert. Every time that Bono and the boys moved or the crowd raised their arms in approval I thought I was actually there. The movie was a 15 song set which spanned U2's career, from New Year's Day to Vertigo. It was fun to see the band recapture their political edge, as the show had plenty of ideology to go along with the music. All that in 30 minutes, along with the chance to wear some pretty cool glasses.

After the movie, our group of six headed over to Spaghetti Mama's for dinner. Being the first time any of us had ever been there, we didn't quite know what to expect. I hadn't eaten lunch that day, so I was ready for some food. Upon reading the description of the Baked Lasagna it was time to eat. I quote: "You've heard of the Leaning Tower of Pisa? Wait 'til you've seen Mama's lasagna!" When my plate finally arrived, I thought it contained a grocery style sample of my dinner. Needless to say, the Leaning Tower of Pisa is safe and sound as the largest item in Italy.

No comments: