1/1/08

Ring In the New Year

I can't believe we made it to midnight last night. In fact, we were still going strong until around 2 am. When is the last time you stayed up past 2 am? I think it's been years for me, and judging from the way I feel today, I know why I go to bed before midnight. It's safe to say I'll never be called a Night Owl.

For New Year's we may have gone to my sister's house for soup and appetizers, but the main course for the evening was Guitar Hero. We started playing around 8 pm and didn't turn the game off until 1:30 am. It's fun to get the hang of the game and even better to stay on stage (without getting booed).

As surprising as it was to stay up past midnight, I was even more shocked that Dede made it right along with us. She was playing with all the little girls at the party and she did not want to go to bed. Kennedy even joined in the celebration at midnight by giving Tara and me a New Year's kiss.

Even though Alex missed the New Year at midnight, he woke up around 1 am and was ready to party! I guess a power nap helps everyone. He was so wired that we had trouble getting him down and so he had to cry himself to sleep. Not the best beginning to 2008, but there wasn't much else we could do.

2007 was a great year and I'm sorry to see it end. Our family really had some fun times and it's been fun to watch our kids grow up. Still, I look forward to 2008 and the adventures that lay in store. From Kennedy starting pre-school, to Alex discovering his voice it will certainly be an interesting year.

No comments: