1/6/08

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam

We had a major milestone in Kennedy's life today. Our little girl has officially left Nursery and entered Primary as a Sunbeam. Now, Dede doesn't always deal well with change, so we've been talking about going into Primary for a couple of weeks. She sounded excited, but with a three year old you never know what's going to happen.

Things started out well. As soon as she entered the room, the Sunbeams were introduced and she stood up with the other kids. After that Tara and I left to attend our classes. I didn't hear about the day until getting home a few hours later.

Apparently, Kennedy was a little sad to be in her new surroundings and started to cry in class. No big deal, just a few tears. That is, until the class went to get a drink and she saw Tara in the hallway. It took about 5 minutes to compose our new Sunbeam. Still, she eventually went back into class and she survived the rest of the day.

The best I got out of Dede is a simple, "Primary was fun", when I asked if she liked her new class. I guess that's better than a lot of things she could have said. All I know is that I hope Dede wants to be a Sunbeam, cause her mom and I sure want her to be one.

No comments: