1/29/08

Farewell President Hinckley


Like many of you I am saddened at the passing of President Gordon B. Hinckley earlier this week. Even though he was showing the signs of his 97 years it always seemed that President Hinckley would live forever. For much of my life prophets were always so frail and worn down that President Hinckley's energy and zeal were inspiring. You thought he would never run down or take a break.

Even though I've lived through many different prophets (including three on my mission) I have always felt that President Hinckley was my prophet. He was always there, either as a counselor or as the prophet. His voice has been such a comfort and his sermons have touched me heart; changed my life. I never met President Hinckley, but I know I'll never forget him.

I was really touched today to watch a tribute to President Hinckley by talk show host, Glenn Beck. I may not like his program much, but his remarks about our beloved prophet spoke to my spirit. President Hinckley inspired us with simple messages: Be kind to one another, love each other, treat others as you would be treated. Farewell President Hinckley...

No comments: