It's January again and that means a few harsh realities : the days are short, the temps are cold, and Ward Ball is back. The 4th Ward team looked pretty good as we've played on Saturday mornings for the past month or so. It didn't hurt that we were playing on a short court and the opponent was ourselves.We started playing games in earnest three weeks ago and it didn't go very well for the first couple of games. Our first game was ended early after a hard foul (the worst part is we committed the hard foul), and the second game ended early after we had our score doubled (I think the final score was 64-33). Needless to say our confidence was low and our play was ugly.
Tonight things started to look up. I knew good things were in store when I was the tallest guy on the court. If our guys could play smart and take advantage of our size, we just might have a chance. Surprisingly enough, we did just that. I couldn't hit any long shots, but I was able to make a bunch of layups. Russ had a big game, and we held out just long enough to win by 14. Who cares that we played the worst team in the Stake - we finally got off the donut and earned a W. I think I'll celebrate with some well deserved ibuprofen and a good night's rest...
No comments:
Post a Comment