5/14/07

Road Trip


When I was a teenager there wasn't anything more fun than a road trip, but now - I'd rather sleep in my own bed. Still, this was a really important trip for our family. My mom is taking out her endowment tomorrow in the St. George Temple, so Jason, Alicia, Mom, and I loaded into Jason's subaru and headed South. Imagine our family trapped in a car for four hours with nothing to do but talk - could be scary.

Overall, the trip went pretty well. Stops were made in Orem (Krispy Kreme - for Alicia's wheat glazed), Beaver(a much needed potty stop ), and Panguich (for gas at the TA). We spent most of the trip down talking about politics and the way our world is headed. Let's just say that I don't agree with much of my sibling's positions, but that's ok.

Now that we're down in New Harmony, it's about time for bed. I will say that one of my favorite parts of being away from home is Skype. I was able to video conference with Tara and the kids - until Kennedy decided that she'd rather use the computer to watch Peter Pan for the 400th time. Oh well, we survived the road trip - so far.

No comments: