
Golden St. came and went, with the Jazz winning the series 4-1. The only problem is that we now have to face the San Antonio Spurs. Yes, those Spurs - you know, the ones who own the Jazz. I know that we've done a little better against them over the past couple of years, but I don't any Jazz fans will soon forget the Spurs multi-year winning streak against our team.
I don't know what to make of this series. I don't really think that this Jazz team can beat the Spurs in a best of seven. Still, I'm not sure if that's a bad thing this year. The NBA has a long running pattern of a team losing the first time it tries to jump to the next level, only to come back the following year and get past the road block. Think about it. In the eighties the Lakers, the Pistons, the 76'ers, and the Bulls all lost to their various nemesis before they could make it to the summit. If the trend continues this year, the Jazz will compete this year - but we will take it next year. I could be wrong, I hope I am, but I think this series is a growing one for Utah. That being said, this series will either be San Antonio in 5 or Utah in 6. Let's just hope it ends in the Energy Solutions Arena.
No comments:
Post a Comment