I think I know what Trotsky must have felt when he was sent to Siberia, or maybe what Romeo experienced when he was banished to Mantua. I can relate for I have been exiled - to Bennion Jr.High. I can already hear you asking yourself: Where's Bennion Jr. High and why was Jared sent out there? I had to ask the same questions myself yesterday when I discovered that I would be running the winter basketball league out in No Man's Land. Ousted from the friendly confines of the East Millcreek Recreational Center, I will now spend the next four months driving out to Kearns to work at Bennion Jr. High. It seems that I don't have enought clout to determine where or when I will be working, so I will take my banishment like a man.

Romeo:
"There is no world without Verona walls,
But purgatory, torture, hell itself.
Hence-banished is banish'd from the world,
And world's exile is death: then banished,
Is death mis-term'd: calling death banishment,
Thou cutt'st my head off with a golden axe,
And smilest upon the stroke that murders me."
At least I'm not taking it as hard as old Romeo!
2 comments:
Jared, I am so sorry that you are banish-ed. Just don't do what Romeo did when he got upset. You are much too valuable to all of us.
Jared, Bennion is in Taylorsville, you would have to go farther west to make it to kearns. That is where your cousin David Richmond lives
Susen Zobel
Post a Comment