This has been an incredible year for you Dede. There are times when I feel as though you're four going on twenty and other moments when I've seen the magic of childhood in your eyes. Your mom and I have thoroughly enjoyed your transition from toddler to preschooler. As soon as you started school this year, it was full steam ahead. We always knew that you were ready for school, but your transition has been amazing. In some ways you've left us in the dust - teachers, classmates, and parents all recognize how special you are. It's no longer our little secret.
One of your traits that has shown through this year is your compassion. I know there was a time when you seemed destined to be the bully, but you truly have shown the ability to look out for the children who need a friend (as long as it's not your brother).
I love the times when I get to spend time alone with you. Even though we don't get too much Daddy Daughter time, I love to talk with you and share our little "secrets". I can't imagine our lives without you Dede girl, your smile and laughter bring so much joy into our home. I love you Kennedy. Happy Birthday.
Daddy
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Kennedy! We love you too...
AMAZING POST!!!
Post a Comment