I signed up for Facebook a couple of years ago. No, I wasn't looking for friends or feeling insecure about my social circle. Since I teach technology classes it seemed like a good idea to be in touch with the current trends. Funny thing is, I think I was ahead of the curve. There really wasn't much going on with my account - until this year that is.So, earlier this year the Facebook explosion occurred and I'm glad it happened. This has been the best way to get in touch with old friends, former students, missionary companions, and high school classmates. Relationships come back quickly and it's great to be a small part of people's lives once again.
A few days ago the Facebook craze came to a head when I went to a party organized through the website. Some old high school friends were getting together for the holidays and I decided to go. It was so much fun. There were people there I hadn't seen in over ten years. We quickly jumped back into old conversations and discovered many common interests from the recent past. I am so happy that Jaremey put the shindig together and even happier that Facebook has brought back some old friends.

1 comment:
we want a pony under our tree!
Post a Comment