
We had a our annual Christmas Eve party at the cabin yesterday and as usual, everyone there had a good time. This year's party seemed especially fun. I'm not sure what the difference was, but the party was perfect. The sledding was awesome, the weather and scenery were beautiful, the food was yummy, the nativity was sweet, the present opening was quick and the company was enjoyable. I think this year's party wasn't rushed and we were all relaxed. We all just had a fun time.
Kennedy and Alex really loved the sledding this year. I think we spent at least two hours outside on the hill. The first time I took Alex down on the "flexible flyer", he seemed a bit nervous.

The "flexible flyer" is an old fashioned sled that is honestly the fastest sled around. We were flying down the hill and I didn't think we were ever going to stop! When we were done, Alex looked up at me and said "again!" I think he liked it.



Kennedy couldn't get enough of the sledding hill. After a few times of going down with mom or dad, she decided to go on her own. She found this little flat sled that she loved and she spent the rest of the day going up and down the hill on her own. I have to admit, I was quite impressed with Kennedy. She is usually a little wimpy with things like this, but she was a trooper on the sledding hill.


Both kids went for a few 4 wheeler rides and then we headed back to the cabin for food and the rest of the party.

After lunch, we did the nativity. Kennedy was a little sad that it wasn't her turn to be Mary but she was okay with being the "special" angel.
Alex wasn't so sure about being a shepherd until I gave him some sort of stick that looked like a crutch. Then he was fine. If he can swing something or hit things, he's happy. We won't worry that he looked like Tiny Tim with his crutch. He was cute anyway.

After the nativity, we gave my parents their gifts and then they gave us and the grandkids their presents.
My parents always do a little homemade present for all the grandkids and great grandkids. They always come up with the cutest ideas and this year was no different. They gave all the kids little wooden Christmas trees. I'm sure they spent a ton of time making them and they turned out wonderful. We have quite a collection of homemade gifts from my parents and they are all special.
I had to put up a pic of the present that my brother gave my parents. It was classic.
I love the tradition of going to my parents cabin on Christmas Eve. As our family gets bigger I know that someday it won't be possible to have it up there anymore, but until then, we will keep enjoying it.
3 comments:
Loved your post, T. But where are the pics - I need the visual! :)
I love the FF! You are such the cool mom!
How fun! Love the scenery, the sledding looks way fun, and the sign is perfect.
Cabin anyone...
That's the T that I know - love the pictures! That looks like soooo much fun. Your parents are so cute. The cabin rocks! :)
I'm in Ang! :) But aren't we always! ha ha ha
Post a Comment