Ever since we bought the wii in December our game of choice has to be Guitar Hero. I'd say that we played quite a bit over the past couple of months and while I've gotten a little better, Tara is quickly moving up the ranks to Guitar Hero stardom. This brings us last night. It appears we're not the only ones in the Ward who've become addicted to this little game. Most of the younger couples are also closet GH fans so we held the first annual Guitar Hero championships for the Cottonwood 4th Ward.The rules were simple: the contest would be set up in a March Madness style bracket with match ups chosen at random. Contestants would need to play according to skill level and the lesser player would select the song. I don't know how this happened, but I drew one the #1 seeds and was forced out of the contest in the first round. Still, I feel pretty good about things because I played the song on Hard and only lost by 4 percent. Small victory I know.
Tara, on the other hand was one of the ringers in the bracket. She cruised through the first two rounds and into the semis where she lost in a major upset. Tara had a great night and I really think she was one of the better players - in fact, she was one of the only ones to play on Hard the entire night. Even if neither of us came away with the Pop Rocks or Symphony bar (prizes for the winners) both of us had a great time and it was fun to hang out with some of the other couples in the neighborhood. I know I'll be practicing up for the next contest, and hopefully, I'll get a little better draw - someone like Bree ;)
4 comments:
Tara was definitely the break out star of the night. She's my Guitar Hero!
L-O-S-E-R!
Did I spell that right?
:)
Sounds like a great activity. I'll have to press this in our neighborhood. It would have been fun to destroy your ward.
Way to go T! Makes me feel good that I went up against a professional!
Post a Comment