3/11/08

Quiet Strength

A few months ago I mentioned how, as a member of the Bishopric, I hear about the ailments of most members of the Ward. One thing I've certainly learned in the 4 years I've held this calling is that people are in pain. Whether physical, due to illness; emotional, due to loss; or even psychological, due to regret - people are hurting out there.

Earlier tonight I saw two people who have so many reasons to feel down due to the hands they've been dealt. Both have cancer, both have had multiple surgeries, both have suffered extreme losses over the past year or so. And yet, neither was willing to give into despair. Our visits tonight were so inspiring and I came away with the greatest amount of respect for each of these wonderful individuals. I know that I have witnessed the hand of the Lord in each of their lives and they have shown me the incredible strength that each of us has as as we recognize our divine potential.

No comments: