As I left the house this morning, I mentioned to Tara how I liked taking the 13th East bus because it got me to work earlier than the Highland Drive bus. Little did I know the jinx I had just put on myself.Normally, the 213 (13th East bus) arrives around 8:30 and gets me to work at 9:00. Sure, it may be 5 minutes late from time to time, but no big deal. Today I arrived at the stop about 5 minutes early. I was alone, but was shorted joined by two ladies who were headed up to the U as well. 10 minutes went by and I really didn't think anything of it. 20 minutes and now there's a problem. None of us are going to make it to work or appointments on time. It's starting to feel really cold outside and nothing seems to be happening. There's only so many times you can look down the street to see if the bus is on the way. One of the ladies called UTA to check on our bus that was now 15 minutes late.
"No problems, just running about 20 minutes late."
We all decided that we could wait another 5 minutes for the bus to arrive. 30 minutes later I gave up. It was now 9:20 and I had been at the stop for an hour. Normally, I love the bus because it gives me a chance to relax and prepare for the day. Today, I worried that the day would never come.
PS - Best story while waiting for the bus today. A woman walked by us and she had a paper stitched into the back of her jacket. It said something along the lines - Satan worshipers will be punished unless they break free of their cult (a reference to Mormonism) and accept Christ as their Lord and Savior. Then it gave the address for a Born Again church. Wow! You really have to believe in a message to make it a part of your coat. Ah, the stuff you experience while waiting for the bus!
No comments:
Post a Comment