Yesterday we headed down to Utah County for an adult's only Houtz party. The party was over before it even started as Tara's dad hurt his back and had to go to the ER for treatment. I guess Lyn had been working a little too hard yesterday and his back seized up on him. Needless to say, no one else really wanted to get together while their dad was at the hospital. We ate a quick dinner with Char, Bonnie, and Dick then headed over to the emergency room to visit Tara's dad.
The other issue from last night was my bout with an upset tummy. On the way down to Springville I started feeling sick and it kept getting worse throughout the evening. By the time we got to the hospital, I had to excuse myself to throw up in the restroom before going in to see Lyn. There's nothing worse than knowing you're going to lose it - oh wait, there is.. Knowing you're going to lose it while you're in a hospital waiting room. That was awful. We kept our visit short and I went home and straight to bed.When I woke up this morning the 24 hour bug was gone and I was back on my feet. The only problem was that I was back on my feet but running an hour late due to daylight savings. I checked the clock and thought I was okay since it was only 6:30 - nope today it was 7:30 and I had already missed 1 1/2 meetings. I hurriedly dressed and was out the door within 20 minutes but I didn't hear the end of my late arrival throughout the rest of the day at church.
I don't know about most of you out there, but daylight savings is one of my pet peeves. I just don't get it. Why do we need to increase or decrease the amount of light we need during different times of the year anymore? I think daylight savings is more about tradition, and a whole lot less about efficiency. Plus, anyone with little kids will agree that sleep is thrown off for a couple of days or more every time we switch the clocks.Enough of the weekend, I guess I'm ready to go back to work....
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your dad, T. Hope he's doing better.
Fun weekend.
Glad to hear everyone is feeling better.
I agree on the changing time bit. Stick with something, would ya? It is just no fun to change times with kids. Ugh.
Oh, and Tara, check your email...
Post a Comment