3/24/08

Easter Fun

As always, we had to have at least 3 parties for Easter this year. We started on Friday with Candace and the kids coming over for some egg decorating and lunch. The egg decorating lasted about 30 seconds, with each kid scribbling on an egg and giving it to us to put in the dye. We finally convinced them to do a few more eggs, but they were just more interested in playing outside. In her annual tradition, Kennedy broke the first 2 eggs I gave her on "accident". For Kennedy, everything is "just an accident" now. She thinks she won't get in trouble by saying that.




Char, Jess and Dakota stopped by to have some lunch and play with the kids. It was fun having them over and the kids absolutely love them.

Saturday brought the annual Easter egg hunt and barbecue at my parents house. As soon as Kennedy found her first egg, she turned and said, "I just love Easter!" This was her saying the rest of the day. The kid loves candy and packed around her Easter basket all day. Uncle Dick tried to talk her out of some candy, but found out that Kennedy isn't too hip on sharing her goodies.


Alex had a blast finding the eggs, but decided that it was more fun to just stop and eat the candy instead of finding more eggs. For some reason, he can't eat chocolate without drooling it all the way down to his socks. I'm so excited to do that laundry.


It was fun spending the day with my family and just talking to everyone. I love going to my parents house and being with them.


They are such wonderful and caring parents and grandparents and they have an awesome yard for an Easter egg hunt!



I had to throw this picture of Kennedy and Dax on the blog. These two played in the orchard and had the best time. I caught this picture while Kennedy and Dax were chatting about people "tooting", one of Kennedy's favorite subjects right now.

Sunday was a very nice day, with spending some spiritual time at church and trying to explain to Kennedy the real meaning of Easter. I don't think she understood, but she sure understands that the Easter bunny brings treats.

After church, we spent the afternoon at Evan and Alicia's house for some delicious dinner, then we headed back to our house for another Easter egg hunt. More candy, more ruined clothes, more laundry. Love this holiday!


3 comments:

Patty said...

I love Tara-posts! :) And look at all the pics you used - good job!

Angee said...

OK, you need to fix the pics here because I can't see them and I really want to see them.

I can relate with the "more candy, more ruined clothes, more laundry." Well said my friend, well said...

miche said...

Grace is into "accidents" these days too. She thinks if it's an accident that you will believe that she didn't mean to do it, or that it wasn't her fault she wasn't careful...