
I guess I'll cover a couple of topics this time. Today is a big day for both the Utes and the Sox. For the Utes it's the beginning of a new season, for the Sox it might just be the beginning of the end. First, let's talk about some Football. I am so excited to follow the Utes again this year. I think they're going to have a much better season, especially with the return of Brian Johnson at QB. I still have my doubts about Kyle as a head coach, but I think there's too much talent to finish 7-5 again. They may not win on the road tonight, but I really do expect a good season from our Utes. Too bad we won't be watching again this year, since Comcast and Direct TV haven't resolved their pr conflict. I think we only get about 5 games on the tube, so I guess we'll be listening on AM700 - where's Bill Marcroft when you need him?!

The Red Sox finish off their 3 games series in NY today and thus far it hasn't gone too well. The Yanks have taken the first two games and cut an 8 game deficit down to 6. There's a lot riding on the arm of Curt Schilling today. In the past this would have been a good thing, but this year I'm not so sure. With injuries and age, Schill has been very average this season. Even if Boston loses today (60% chance of that happening) the Sox will still have a solid lead in the division. The only problem is, to win the division you'll have to start beating NY. Sure, you can beat up on the D Rays, Orioles, and Blue Jays, but you can't get swept by the Yankees and expect to win the AL East. Still, I've felt all season that this is the year for a division title - first since 1995!
1 comment:
I could mention something here about a broom and being swept, but since the Yankees are still 5 back, I'll hold my tongue. :)
Go Yanks!
Post a Comment