8/4/07

Swimming Lessons


Kennedy started swimming lessons a couple of weeks ago with Liam and her friend Saydi. Let's just say that she wasn't too fond of her teacher, Roger. Roger is one of those tough love guys. I tried to convince Kennedy that he was a good guy since he is a Red Sox fan, but she didn't care much. Roger is an excellent teacher but doesn't put up with much from the kids. I can't tell you how many times he asked Liam to sit down and listen.


Liam spent most of his time under the water. Kennedy was a little scared of Roger. When I ask her if she wants to go back to swim lessons, she says "NO!" She was so excited that swimming was over that we had to celebrate with ice cream.

I have to say, though, that Kennedy learned so much from swim lessons. When we went swimming in St. George this week, she was so much better in the water. She kept going under the water (on purpose) without any prompting from mommy and she jumped off the edge of the pool without anyone catching her. She still needs to work on the blowing bubbles when under the water part, as she drank so much water that she threw up on the deck. That was fun. Anyway, even if Kennedy didn't enjoy Roger, she learned more about swimming than I expected.

No comments: