
I don't know if I'm the only one, but it's so hot around Utah right now that it's almost impossible to spend much time outside. I have a whole list of things I need to work on in the yard, but I can't drag myself out to do them. The swingset project has been placed on hold, the sprinkling system still needs to be adjusted, the lawn needs to be mowed, and the patio needs to be cleared off - and yet, I'm just relaxing in the air conditioning, looking out the window.
I think this week has been particularly challenging because of sleep deprivation from Youth Conference - it took me until yesterday to finally start catching up. I heard a great line once about camping/sleeping outside. A man was asked to become the Scoutmaster, to which he replied, "I've never slept in a sleeping bag." When the issue of never camping was investigated further the man stated,"No I've been camping lots of times; I've just never gotten any sleep in a sleeping bag!" That's about how I feel. I love to camp. I just know that I'm only going to get a couple hours of sleep per night. It's impossible to get comfortable when you're laying on the ground. And once you find a good spot, it only lasts for about 45 minutes before you need to readjust. Still, it's the price you pay to be in the Great Outdoors.
No comments:
Post a Comment