Father's Day was a lot of fun this year. The kids in the ward got together on Thursday and made personalized ties for all the dads. We all donated a few of our old ties and came away with a priceless memory. My tie came courtesy of Cole Orgill and I was proud to sport the JareJare's tie at church today. However, this classic tie will now live forever in my closet.Yesterday my mom sent me a little present to commemorate Father's Day. It was one of those dollar store special books entitled, "The World's Greatest Collection of Quotes for Dads." Tara and I spent the drive down to visit her parents reading from its pages. Here are a few of the gems inside:
"When I was a child my family's menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it." Buddy Hackett
"To be in your children's memories tomorrow you have to be in their lives today." Anonymous
"To her, the name of Father was another name for Love." Fanny Fern
Isn't it great to be a Dad?
No comments:
Post a Comment