6/15/07

Back to Work

I have to admit that the week I had off after having my appendix out was pretty relaxing! I wasn't in too much pain, and Jared was very protective of me. He wouldn't let me do anything . We had dinner brought to us every night and my mom and sisters helped do laundry and clean the house. I caught up on some much needed sleep, read a lot and enjoyed some quiet time while Jared took the kids. Kennedy was very conscious of the fact that I had surgery. I would ask her for a hug and she would say "but mommy, you can't hold me because your tummy hurts."

It was fun watching Jared with the kids while I was down. He did a great job with them and it was interesting to see how they would be dressed and if Kennedy's hair would be combed or not. It usually was not combed, but in Jared's defense, combing Kennedy's hair right now is a battle for even the best. Even when we get it combed, within a couple of hours it looks like she just got out of bed.


The kids now think of Jared as the "fun" parent. He got off easy last week because as I said, we had dinner delivered every night, people helping with the house. He was able to play and wrestle with the kids all week. Now that I'm back on duty, I still have to keep the house clean, fix meals, and keep the kids happy. Needless to say, the kids seem more excited to have Daddy around now. On my first day back, Kennedy woke up and asked where daddy was. The rest of the day pretty much went like that, her asking for daddy, especially when she was in trouble with mommy.

It has been good to get back to normal. We have spent the week playing with friends, going to the park and playing in the yard. I have been feeling pretty good and was even able to jog a couple of miles this morning with Kennedy in the stroller. It was nice to have some time off, even if it was for a minor surgery, but it's good to be mommy again.

No comments: