6/3/07

Demolition Man


About a month ago Tara decided we should take out the "dog run" in our backyard and put in a swing set for Alex and DeDe.

"No Problem," I thought. I didn't realize what kind of a job this would end up being. Apparently this was a dog run built for the next millennium - galvanized steel pipes for the framework, and an 18 inch cement footing around the entire foundation. So, I started out using a sledgehammer - that didn't go very far. Next, I used a chipping hammer - that would have taken forever. Finally, I moved to the heavy equipment - a jackhammer, complete with a diesel powered compressor. Now we're talking! It took a few days, and some pretty serious pounding on my body, but in the end the dog run came down. I still have to take the remnants to the dump, but we're getting a lot closer to a playground!

No comments: