4/26/07

ABC


Our first foster care experience is nearing an end and I'd be lying if I said we ever really felt like foster parents. Alex has been our son from the first day we held him - it just took a few months to convince the State of Utah of that fact. A few weeks ago we finally received the date we've been waiting for, May 11th. Yep, on May 11th Alex officially becomes Alex. To be honest it can't come soon enough.

A week later we'll seal the deal as we head back to Manti to wear the whites. Even though it's a bit of a drive, it' s worth it for the opportunity to unite our Eternal family where it all started 10 years ago. Adoption has it's ups and downs, but having your children come into a room dressed in white and being sealed has no equal. It is a glimpse into Eternity and gives you a feeling that you're all in it together. We couldn't be happier with our little family and we can't wait for Alex to become a Covili.

2 comments:

Angee said...

Sweet. May 11th it is. Alex is one lucky little man. I do not envy the process that you have had to go about in order to get your cute kids, (money, frustration, waiting, etc.) but I would think being in the temple with them could make up a little of it.

Camrie is still talking about her friend Kennedy and she wants to play soon.

Annie said...

I am so excited and so happy. May is a great month!!!! Yeah for you guys and yeah for Alex.