4/23/07

Diary of a Red Sox Fan


I can't believe I haven't taken the time to talk about the 2007 season for the Red Sox yet. So far, the Sox are HOT!! They're 12-5 and leading the AL East after completing a weekend sweep of the Yankees. I know it's early and I shouldn't get too excited about the season, but I think this year's team has a lot of talent. Last year we had too many injuries and not enough pitching. The jury's still out about the injury bug, but we've solved a lot of the pitching problems. And it only cost $102 million dollars - what a bargain.

The weekend sweep was awesome! Each game was a huge comeback with the climax coming last night. With Boston down 3-0 the Sox hit four consecutive home runs to tie the game. How often do you get the back to back to back to back homers! Needless to say the Sox appear to have the Yankees number this year. We'll have to wait and see where the final New York roster ends up (the Rocket is coming - mark my words), but this Yankee team is in trouble. We have another big series with the Bombers coming up this weekend and it's a great chance to build an early season lead. Let's go Red Sox!!!!!

No comments: