4/17/07

Home Alone

It's pretty rare that I have the house to myself, but that's the situation I've found myself in over the past couple of days. Tara took the kids to Park City to hang out with her family for the night. Apparently, Bonnie has access to a world-wide time share that led the family to a week in exotic Park City. Long Story. So, now I've had the run of the house. Not that it evened mattered. Yesterday, I was at work from 9am until 10:45pm. I came home to an empty house and didn't really know what to do. With the tragic events at Virginia Tech yesterday I sat and watched Nightline, trying to make some sense of the violence. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but what's going on in the world. 32 people killed!!!

I went to bed and hoped today would be a little better. Sure enough, it has been. After work ended I came home to watch a few minutes of the Red Sox game before going to Bishopric. I don't know what I did to deserve the night off, but Tax Season (being an accountant and a Bishop makes for a rough April) has canceled our visits for the evening. So now I'm going to settle in and watch Dice K for the rest of the night. He's got 10 strikeouts and counting right now, but they trail 2-1. Let's hope my good luck continues and the Sox pull out a close one! No matter what Boston does, I have to say that I'm glad the family's coming home a bit later. I don't really want another night where I'm Home Alone.


JARED!


No comments: