4/6/07

Night and Day


I've had an interesting experience this week. Each morning I've driven down to teach a morning class at byu, only to return and teach back at the U. It's been fun to see how different the schools really are. On Wednesday, byu made the national news after several students had a rally against the upcoming visit of Vice President Cheney. I have to say that I was quite pleased to see so many students whispering their disapproval over a controversial member of the White House. The rest of the week was pretty quiet down South except for a few of my bad jokes at the Cougs expense. Note to self - don't joke with byu co-eds without the use of visual aids.

My Utah students found it quite interesting that I'd been in Zoobieland all week. One student asked, "What are byu students like?" I laughed and replied, "Kind of like you guys - only without the piercings." I'm glad I was able to help students at both campuses this week, but I think I'll stick with U and try to avoid Happy Valley for a while.

No comments: