
Yesterday we went to the Home Show for two reasons: to see my sister give a talk on fashion (not that it would do me any good) and to get a new pair of sunglasses at one of the booths (it's usually the only reason we go to the Home Show). Typically we're not very big on going out to the SouthTowne Expo Center and our trip reminded me all the reasons why I don't like it.
We arrived around 2 pm and spent the first 30 minutes there just looking for a parking space. I can't believe the county spent all that money to build the Expo Center and they don't have enough parking for half the people who come out. I saw cars parked the sides of the street, on top of grassy patches, even on the sidewalk. A cop could make his monthly quota of tickets in about an hour. We finally parked about 1/2 mile away from the center in a vacant field and walked to the show.
Alicia did a good job with her presentation. She's made quite a name for herself with her appearances on Good Things Utah. Most of the people I know consider her the fashion guru of Utah. Still, she must be extremely frustrated with my family's lack of style. Tara and I are stuck in our own little looks (most of which were on her 'what not to wear' list). My favorite part of Alicia's presentation was her discussion of bodies and their shapes - I bet you can't guess who's body is a circle, hmmm!
After Alicia's presentation was over we scoured high and low for the sunglass booth only to realize they didn't come to this year's show. What a tragedy! We braved traffic, vendors, and the public just to get a new pair of imitation designer sunglasses and they weren't there. It's a good thing the kids started to cry near the end of our day at the Home Show, that's just what I wanted to do.
1 comment:
The real question, Mr. Environmental, is why didn't you take TRAX there? That would have been the green, and smart thing to do.
Post a Comment