As part of my job I get to attend and present at the UCET (Utah Coalition for Educational Technology) conference each year. I've always enjoyed presenting, but sometimes the national keynote speakers have been a bit hit or miss. Too many of them have been trying to sell something. This year David Warlick provided a fantastic presentation about the future of technology. One of my favorite thoughts Warlick shared was: We are preparing the children of tomorrow for a future we can't clearly describe. Can you imagine any other generation being able to make such a bold claim? For most the future was a slightly better version of the present, but our children probably won't even use a mouse (or even a computer) in 15 years!
I was really excited by everything I saw and learned over the past two days. It's amazing to know that the Web and technology are bringing the world closer together. This blog is a perfect example of collaborating and sharing with people all over the world. I mean, this blog has been hit over 13,000 times (and I've only hit it 10,000 times..) by people all over the world. Have we shared a deep conversation, no - but just the fact that we could is very exciting. I presented this afternoon on Web 2.0 and shared the following video with my participants. I think it speaks volumes about what the real potential we're deal with here.
No comments:
Post a Comment