
Today was a marathon of holiday parties. At work we had the annual ISS Christmas lunch /gift fight. If you recall last year I came away with a real winner of a prize - a calculator. Well this year I thought I had redeemed myself as Dad of the Year as I had a My Pretty Pony in my hands with only one person left. Of course, I came away without the doll and I was forced to grab the last gift at the table - a bottle of "Tired Old Ass Soak." I just can't win.
In a last ditch effort to capture a gift for Kennedy, I decided to try again at the Young Men/Young Women white elephant exchange at the Church tonight. This time I took Kennedy with me for luck. I don't know that I really came away with anything too memorable - a Donald Duck baseball cap. Still, Kennedy made quite the haul as she left with a box of blueberry candy canes, a stuffed elephant toy, and a belly full of candy. Even if I failed this afternoon, tonight I won the fight.
No comments:
Post a Comment