12/3/06

Special Visitor


For several weeks we've been getting ready for a special visitor at our Stake Conference this weekend. Elder M. Russell Ballard was going to be our visiting General Authority and it isn't every day you get to hear from an Apostle. Yesterday was great, as I was able to attend the Priesthood Leadership Training and the Evening Session of Conference. I love listening to the leaders of the Church when they can share their thoughts and feelings in a smaller setting. I've always found that the Bretheren are very personable and pretty funny. As the Evening Session was winding up Elder Ballard mentioned that the Sunday Session of Conference was going to be very memorable. I can't imagine what could be better than Saturday.

Well, it got better. As we arrived at Conference Sunday morning we were told about another visitor for the session... President Hinckley! It just so happened that he was available to come to our Stake Conference and was up for it today. Wow!! The meeting was fantastic and it was such a wonderful experience to listen to the Prophet. He is amazing and it was so special that he was willing to come and speak to us. Sometimes, I take it for granted that we live in the heart of Salt Lake City, but today I was so glad that the Prophet could simply drop in and wish us well.

No comments: