Your birthday is just about over, but I'd hate to let the day pass without sharing a few thoughts about my special little girl. A year ago your mommy and I were still new at this parenting thing (even a year later - we don't know what we're doing), and you've given us a wonderful opportunity to learn on the job. Thanks for being patient with us, as we've tried to be understanding with your needs.Each day I love watching you learn new things about the world around you. Whether it's your ability to process new ideas and words, or simply meeting a new friend - you are always observing your surroundings. You amaze everyone who listens to you speak. I can't remember any one-year-old with a better memory of names and words. I swear if you hear something once, you've locked it into your brain.
One of my favorite events of the new year was your open acceptance of your little brother. Many older siblings have major issues when they get a new little one in the house (and that's with nine months to get ready). You immediately accepted Alex into your life and you gladly opened your heart up to our little guy. I absolutely love hearing you talk to "Alex Boy," lovingly calling him "big guy."
I can't imagine our lives without you Kennedy. You have an independent spirit, an inquisitive mind, and an innocent heart that has truly blessed our lives. Keep growing and learning DeDe. Big things are on the horizon for you and I can't wait to come along for the ride. I love you! Happy Birthday!
Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment